Pages

Monday 28 March 2011

Less is More week 8 & Hobbycraft Show

Well I admit I have been a terrible blogger over the last week or so, work is very hectic at the moment so card making & blogging have had to take a bit of a back seat. I did manage to get Friday off though to go to the Hobbycraft show at the NEC, which I will tell you about a bit further down. Anyway now for the card, through my blogging pal Alison, I found a fantastic blog by Katina, her cards are amazing and all clean and simple, so I thought I would give one of the challenges a go that she enters. For this card I followed the sketch over at Less is More, what an amazing place this is as well, opend my eyes to a whole new style of card. I used a flower stamp, which I coloured with promarkers and cut out, piece of ribbon and a stamped sentiment and thats it. Simple, or so you would think, how hard is it not to get the gems out, the sparkle out, the pretty edge punches, had to take a photo of it quick before I added anything else hehe. I really enjoyed making this card and will definatley be giving this style of card another go. I hope you like it :) Now on to the NEC this is all my lovelly new bits and pieces I brought, had a fantastic day, never been to anything like that before and loved it. Never seen so many crafty bits all in one place and to be honest it was a bit over whelming and if I went again, which I probably will, I would go over two days and spend a day just looking and the next day buying and joining in some of the demonstrations. I saw lots of the lovelly people from Create and Craft and my all time favourite Barbara from Clarity Stamps, although I was to shy to even say hello, but I did buy my first ever Clarity Stamp and will hopefully make something with that very soon :) Hope you all had a great weekend and dont forget to leave a comment as I love to read them :)

18 comments:

mandi said...

Hi Suzilou
Your card is FAB, love the flower
I was at NEC Friday and bought home some yummy goodies!
Great to see you
mandi

Kathyk said...

Super card and wondrous stash!

Kathyk

Susan said...

Suzilou...WOW! That's quite the shopping bag full! Would love to go to something like that! Awesome card for the challenge too!

TAM said...

Great card - that flower is fabulous.
Like your stash from the NEC as well - I was there on Thursday and came away with a bag full as well.
Must admit Barbara Grey is usually one of my first stops at the NEC - her work is just wonderful only problem is she makes it look sooo easy

Bonnie said...

Beautiful flower! Looks like you're going to be having a lot of fun with your new toys!

Chrissie said...

Well I went to the NEC on Sunday and likewise returned home with a couple of bags of playthings!
Your card is super and I truly hope that you will continue to try this type of card. Our challenges are published each Saturday and we would love to see you then.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mrsjobee said...

Lovely card.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card and like all your new crafting goodies...

Anne

Suze Bain said...

What a super card. Love the flower and your colouring is fab. x

kelly said...

love the bright flower, summer is on the way!!

Kelly xx

Lynne said...

Super card.
Lynne xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, just perfect! Your new stash looks so inviting; I'd love to dive in an have a play, lol! I know what you mean about feeling overwhelmed as I always feel like that and I've never been anywhere as big as the NEC. Can't wait to see what you make with your new goodies! xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Wow! sounds like you had a fabby day, and thats quite some hoard! ;) You deserve all of it! :)

Hmmm, see that CAS thing - well I have thought about it (just thought about it!!) lol. But it had crossed my mind to just photograph a card before its finished,enter it and then finish it off after!! tee hee! :D!!

You have made this look brilliant though - I like the idea of DL cards being CAS, it seems a great style for them, and looks so elegant.

Love your flower - not much else to comment on!! lol :) (only joking). This is a super-stylish card hun, I am very impressed ;)

Have a great week - I have missed you (a bit) lol.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Papillon said...

LOVE your card-the clean simple lines are really effective.

Sarn said...

GREAT card and FAB stash.
Hugs, Sandra

Aileen said...

Love the flower on your card. x

Liza said...

A gorgeous CAS card, I love the colours.

Liza x

Viv said...

Great card, love that flower esp., your cat Molly is so beautiful too :O) Viv xx